OMG… I’ve been feeling so miserable and uninspired lately; the winter weather really had me down.
I’ve been putting off doing anything blog related until the sun came out.
Since we’ve been having some really nice weather this weekend I thought I’d share a few of my favourite things about spring.
- The weather (duh?) there’s a cool breeze out, but it’s still warm enough to rock our spring inspired florals.
- It’s wine tasting season! The local wine farms are giving us a sneak peak of what they’ve been preparing for summer, the season’s best. I cannot wait to try a fresh fruity Sauvignon Blanc or a crisp Chardonnay(I’m really no expert on wines but it does make food and life in general more enjoyable!).
- Local spring markets- there are soooo many to choose from in Cape Town, from thrift shopping to fresh fruits and veggies, or if you’re like me, get your favourite cold bev and simply do some people watching.
- And while we’re on the topic of watching, Whale watching in Hermanus will take your breath away! Take a drive out for the day or stay for the weekend. The cute little coastal dorpie has amazing restaurants, charming boutique hotels and there’s even a whale museum if that’s what you’re into.
- A walk through or a picnic at Kirstenbosch botanical gardens. I don’t even need to say any more than that. If you have experienced it you’ll understand, if not…where have you been??